Small rooms can feel cramped and cluttered. Fortunately, there are ways to make your living space look and feel bigger without spending a significant amount of money on remodeling.
In this post, Renewal by Andersen® of Dallas and Fort Worth, the pros in installing double-hung windows, lists six tips and tricks that can help make your small space look and feel bigger.
1. Use Simple Color Palettes – When decorating a small space, use simple, light color palettes. This will help prevent the room from feeling cluttered. By painting your walls, trim and windows with a simple, monochromatic background, no one element will stand out above the rest. This helps create the illusion that there’s more space than there actually is.
2. Remove the Blinds – Window treatments are a great way to decorate your windows. However, if your space is small, even light or sheer window treatments can make the room feel more cramped. To make the space feel larger and maximize natural light, experts recommend that you eliminate the window treatments entirely.
3. Install Tall Windows – If wall space is limited, consider install installing tall, narrow residential windows to make the room seem larger. Remember; small rooms often feel tight due to the low ceiling clearance. By emphasizing the vertical dimensions of the space, you can make your room feel bigger. This will also allow more natural light in, giving the room an open, airy vibe.
4. Add a Mirror – Using a mirror to make a small room look and feel bigger is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Place the mirror opposite a window to reflect natural light around the space.
5. Remove Clutter – Remove unnecessary items from the room. The less cluttered the space is, the more open it will feel.
6. Keep Your Upholstery Plain – You can also make a small room feel larger by sticking to plain upholstery. To accomplish this, experts recommend that you select solid colored upholstery instead of patterns.
Planning to install new custom windows in your home? Simply turn to Renewal by Andersen of Dallas and Fort Worth. When it comes to window and door replacement services, we have the skills and experience to deliver excellent results every time! Give us a call at (972) 301-8660 or fill out our contact form to schedule a FREE consultation. We serve homeowners in Dallas, TX, and other nearby areas.